GSTV (referred to as “the company” afterward) strictly adheres to the following regulations in regard to usage of personal information.
１．Legitimate and Appropriate Acquisition
All personal information is acquired legitimately for the sole purpose of providing the services described below.
Personal information is acquired only once the user acknowledges the scope of how the information will be used. If the user is under the age of 18, consent from their parent or legal guardian is required.
３．Personal Information Rights
In the event that personal information obtained by our company need to be disclosed back to the end-user, our company name, the name of the person in charge of personal information protection, the purpose of how we use the information, the location of where formal complaints have been filed, and the information disclosed will be made available to the end-user.
４．The Purpose of Personal Information Usage
Information obtained from the end-user is used only for the purposes listed below:
- To ship the products of the company and its affiliates, and to send catalogs, direct mailings, and email newsletters.
- To provide after-sales service for the products offered by the company and information on new products and services.
- To conduct surveys on products and services and provide other useful lifestyle information.
- To provide information on the mail order business, sales outlets, and special events of the company and its affiliates, and to confirm advance orders.
- To create and send catalogs, direct mailings, and samples for companies deemed appropriate by the company.
- To improve products and services, as well as to develop new products and services.
- To perform credit management, collections management, and receivables management for transactions by the company and its affiliates.
- To respond to inquiries regarding products and services.
- To conduct questionnaires regarding customer usage patterns and satisfaction, as well as surveys related to product development and service improvements, to resolve problems, gather feedback, aggregate data, collect statistics, and perform analysis.
- To sell off bare metals requested by the end-user facilitated by either the company or third-party trading partners.
- To manage credit limits and debt collection.
- To process accounting related material.
- To make decisions related to applying for job positions.
- For purposes related to health insurance management, social insurance, employment management, foreign-worker acceptance and law regulations.
- In the event that personal information may need to be disclosed for any other reason than those listed above, we will obtain permission directly from the end-user beforehand.
For more information about the scope of personal information usage, please reference the end-user agreement information which is displayed when entering personal information.
５． Changes in Usage
In the event that the purpose of use changes following the acquisition of information, the person in question shall be given advance notice of the purpose and their consent obtained, except in the cases described below.
- Notifying the person of the purpose of use or publicly disclosing it is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the person or a third party.
- Notifying the person of the purpose of use or publicly disclosing it is likely to harm the rights or legitimate interests of the company.
- It is necessary to cooperate with a state institution or a local public body in executing the duties prescribed by law, and in which notifying the person of the purpose of use or publicly disclosing it might impede the execution of the duties concerned.
- It is recognized that the purpose of use is evident from the circumstances by which the information is obtained.
６．Voluntary Provision of Personal Information
Providing information to the company is voluntary.
However, in the event the information requested by the company is wholly or partially incomplete or incorrect, the company may be unable to provide its products or services.
７．Provision to Third Parties
The company may provide the personal information of customers to third parties in the cases described below.
（1） Provision to consumer loan companies
- Purposes of Provision
- To make a contract for a customer loan
- Information Provided
- Name, Address, Telephone Number, Birthdate
- Means and methods of providing information
- By hand or FAX
- Parties to be provided information
- Consumer loan companies
- Stipulations regarding personal information
- The consumer loan company’s policy on the handling of personal information shall be followed.
- Method of acquiring personal information
- Direct acquisition from users via written documents
- The individual has provided consent.
- Information is provided in a form in which the individual cannot be identified.
- It is required by law to provide information.
- It is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- It is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- It is necessary to cooperate with a state institution or a local public body in executing duties prescribed by law, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Joint use by the affiliated companies and organizations listed in Section 10 of this policy (Joint Use of Personal Information within the Group).
８．About Credit Card Usage
Credit Card information is used expressly for the purposes written below:
Purpose of Usage
- Collected information is used to process credit card payments.
- Entity which obtains information
- Provider Name Information
Listed below are the names of credit card companies and payment processors used:
VISA、MASTER、AMEX（American Express）、JCB、UC Card、Mitsubishi UFJ Nicos（NICOS、DC、MUFJ）、ORICO、JACCS、City Card Japan（DINERS）、Cedyna（OMC）、Central Finance（CF）、Toyota Finance (TFC)、Life Card、SMBC Finance Service（Payment Processor）
- Retention Period
Processing of credit card payments utilizes the “Kessai Station” service provided by the payment processor SMBC Finance Services Co., Ltd. After disclosure to the payment processor, credit card information will be securely stored until a customer requests the deletion of their credit card information or requests the suspension of use or deletion of the personal information retained the company and said information has actually been deleted.
９．Provision to Outsourcing Contractors
The company may outsource the handling of information for the shipping of products or server administration, etc. within the scope necessary to accomplish the purposes of use described in Section 4 of this policy (The Purpose of Personal Information Usage) in order to carry out business activities smoothly and efficiently.
１０．Joint Use of Personal Information within the Group
The company may jointly use personal information provided by customers among the following subsidiaries and affiliates within the scope necessary to accomplish the purposes of use.
- Personal Information for Joint Use
Name, address, telephone number, email address, and other contact information, age, gender
- Scope of Joint Users
Our subsidiaries and related companies (including overseas offices※) ↓※Detailed information below
Unit3702, 37th Floor, The Gateway-Tower 6, 9 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
No.60 Bai Chang Hou Street , Ronggui Street Office, Shunde District, Foshan China
RongShan Post Build. Room No.608, 6 Rong Qi DaDao Central, Ronggui, Shunde District, Foshan China
- IMACBC (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
202-208 Soi Mahaesak 2, Sithikorn Building, No.103 Mahaesak Road, Suriyawong, Khet Bang Rak, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand.
- IMACBC Dimond Export Pvt., Ltd.
AW5100, A- Tower, Bharat Diamond Bourse, BKC,Bandra (E), Mumbai -400051.
3/F, Block 27, Eastern Block, No.999 He Fu Long Lu,Sha Wan, Panyu, Guangzhou, China
- Purpose of Usage：The purpose of usage is written under article 4.
- Entity Responsible for Personal Information：GSTV Corporation
Personal Information Protection Officer
TOC Ariake West Tower 10F
Ariake 3-5-7 Koto-ku, Tokyo
１１．Proper Management of Personal Information
The personal information retained will be stored in an accurate and up-to-date form within the necessary scope. Reasonable security measures shall be established to prevent risks to personal information such as unauthorized external access or the loss, destruction, falsification, or leaking of personal information.
１２．Personal Information Manager
Personal Information Protection Officer
- To improve content to ensure customer satisfaction, and to provide services customized for individual customers.
- To analyze which services interest customers, and to deliver advertisements on the site effectively.
The company’s website supports SSL in order to protect the personal information of customers. By using a browser which supports this security feature, the personal information entered by the customer will be encrypted automatically for sending and receiving. If a browser which does not support SSL is used, it may not be possible to access the company’s website.
１４．Procedure for Responding to Disclosure Requests
In the event of a disclosure request regarding personal information retained by the company, the company shall respond promptly after it has been confirmed via methods prescribed by the company that the person in question submitted the request. However, the company shall require a disclosure surcharge specified in a separate document be paid for any disclosures. The company may refrain from disclosing information in any of the applicable cases described below. In such cases, the person in question shall be promptly notified to this effect with an explanation of the grounds.
- It is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person or a third party.
- It is likely to seriously impede the proper execution of the company’s business.
- It violates the law.
- Please submit disclosure requests to the contact information for queries regarding personal information in the following Section.
For questions related to display of customer personal information please contact the customer service center at 0120-170-243.
１６．Procedure related to personal information consultation and/or grievances.
If you feel that usage of personal information may be inappropriate, please contact us using the information written below:
Personal Information Consultation Office
１７．The company is a target business operator of the following authorized personal information protection organization. This organization handles all complaints and queries regarding the handling of personal information by target business operators.
・Name of authorized person information protection organization
Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community
・Grievances Resolutions Contact Information
Office of Personal Information Protection and Grievances
Inside Roppongi First Building
※This contact information is not for questions related to products or services
Created on 7/18/2014
Revised on 10/29/2014
Revised on 1/1/2015